Who will this role suit best?
The role is for someone who has experience building brands from BTL and possesses a commercial brain as well as brand. Its fundamental you understand people and how they behave especially within the context of retail and shopper marketing. You have experience in the UK, Western Europe and a bonus would be to bring global experience as well. You're excited to work with some of the biggest drinks and FMCG brands in the world. Your remit will be broad from helping to recognise and build business growth drivers to delivering BTL platforms and shopping campaigns. You believe in building better brand experiences in the moments that matter and love to create detailed target audience understanding, what they think, feel and do and analysing how to win across the customer journey.
Day to Day Responsibilities?
- You will be working closely with the Strategy Directors across a board range of brands from global Diageo such as Johnnie Walker and Ketel One to Pepsi Lipton across Western Europe and Nestle, Mondelez and Dairy Crest in the UK. .
- You will champion commercial and retail channel thinking to the benefit of our client brands.
- You will be responsible for writing detailed strategies and activation plans that go above and beyond client expectations.
- You will work alongside accounts and creative as well as our global insight partners ensuring insight and strategic plans are honoured in the creative output.
- You will be responsible for understanding the clients business, the problems they face and defining thought leadership opportunities to drive the business forward.
- At times you will work on new business pitches and support the team on their projects giving you exposure to work on other brands and RPM's broader remit of product innovation and brand experience.
- You will create well structured and designed presentations that are clear, emotive and straight talking.
- You will receive coaching, mentoring and training as required to help develop your expertise. Working within a strategy team with diverse skills sets you will find further opportunity to learn and develop working within the team. Of course others will want to learn from you as well!
Type of Work?
You will be working on outputs that help your brands win at retail which will include retail toolkits, brand world strategy, events, commercial sell, route to market, decision journeys and media plans, retail partnerships, new tech solutions, new product innovation launches and more.
You will also lead the development of our 'Retailer Bible' intelligence tool, a unique and key component of winning at retail.
You will want to get hands-on in the channel and understand the people in depth that you are marketing to. You're an action taker and a straight talker - no politics or jargon. You want to collaborate with others. You're articulate and rigorous in your output, going the extra mile to get the richest insights. You're a positive solution finder, with a never say never attitude. A natural curiosity you're always looking that bit deeper than the others to find that killer insight.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about building brands through retail and BTL who can think both commercial and brand. You're a believer in building better brand experiences and are interested to do it on global and local levels for some of the biggest drinks and FMCG brands in the world.
What do you get?
On joining the RPM family you can expect to be competitively rewarded for your hard work. You will also be entitled to a wide range of benefits to support your needs and lifestyle, including
- Generous annual leave plus 3 days off at Christmas
- Your birthday off on us
- Bike to Work scheme
- Early Finish Friday - 4 pm
- In house masseuse
- Referral bonus for new hires
- Season Ticket and Tech Loans
- Childcare Vouchers
- Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Health Cash Plan
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Free Breakfast and refreshments through the day
- Socials and sports teams
and many more...
So now what…
If you think you’ve got what it takes please submit a CV with your application, stating salary expectations.
RPM very much regret that due to the number of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every application. If you do not hear from us within 4 weeks you should assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
RPM are an equal opportunities employer.
No Agencies Please.