We are looking for a qualified accountant or someone with equivalent experience to join our finance team. This person will need a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a management accountant, ideally with experience of setting up new processes and procedures.
The successful candidate will ensure the timely and accurate production of management information to the Financial Controller (FC). Overall responsibility for bank and BACS dealings. Liaise with HR/Staffing Team regarding payroll and pensions to ensure that the monthly and weekly payroll is correct.
Good people management skills and experience are essential for this role as you will have line management responsibility for the AP Assistant.
Management & External Reporting
- Produce detailed monthly Management Information Packs with Financial Controller (FC)
- Export draft figures from Paprika and input into the Management Accounts template
- Analyse P&L accounts and reconcile balance sheet items
- Maintain books and records to audit standard and prepare statutory reports for external auditors (annually).
- Work with the FC, compile and monitor the annual internal budget and meet with cost budget holders on a monthly basis to monitor overhead expenditure and make cost saving recommendations
- Manage Paprika set up and develop to improve management reporting. Allocate user licences and work with direct reports to ensure Paprika training is provided to the appropriate level
- Maintain cash flow forecasts and oversee debt collection
- Ensure sufficient working capital levels are maintained
- Provide information to trade bodies, The Office for National Statistics and Companies House.
- Assist the FC & FD with approving client costings and job maintenance where necessary
- Assist the FC with WIP reviews where necessary
- Ensure the FC and FD are made aware of relevant issues/internal control weaknesses.
- Carry out any other duties and analysis as directed by the FC and FD
- Work with the HR department to ensure that all payroll payments and deductions are correct, inputted into Sage Payroll and reconciled in Paprika on a timely basis.
- Provide financial payroll support to Staffing to ensure the Weekly payroll is accurate and submitted on a timely basis.
- Run the monthly and weekly payroll and submit the pensions in a timely manner.
- A real problem solver with the ability to recommend alternative ways of working and streamline the current finance processes
- Flexible, proactive and approachable
- Plan and organise your work effectively
- Good commercial awareness
- Confident decision maker
- Newly qualified, part qualified accountant or equivalent experience
- Industry experience is desirable but not essential
- Advanced level Excel
- Knowledge of Paprika advantageous
- Knowledge of Sage Payroll is desirable but not essential
What do you get...
On joining the RPM family you can expect to be competitively rewarded for your hard work. You will also be entitled to a wide range of benefits to support your needs and lifestyle, including
- 20 days annual leave plus 3 bonus days at Christmas / New Year
- Your birthday off on us!
- Bike to Work scheme
- Early Finish Friday - 4 pm. Conditions apply
- Income protection and life assurance schemes
- Simply Health Cash Plan
- In house masseuse
- Referral bonus for new hires
- Season Ticket Loan
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Free breakfast, tea and coffee
- Socials and sports teams
and many more...
So now what…
If you think you’ve got what it takes please submit a CV with your application, stating salary expectations and where possible a link to your portfolio.
RPM very much regret that due to the number of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every application. If you do not hear from us within 4 weeks you should assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
RPM are an equal opportunities employer.